Inventing the Future: transforming STEM economies
Inventing the Future: transforming STEM economies was published by NEF: The Innovation Institute on 2nd July 2014. It is based on consultations with more than 100 companies ranging from multinationals to SME start-ups.
The report and press release can be downloaded below.
The report covers
- The effect of disruptive technology in many sectors
- Forecasts from futurologists
- The changing skills requirements of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) based companies
- Proposals for a restructuring of STEM education to keep pace with rapid technological change
Recommendations in Inventing the Future
- New-style polytechnics to act as regional innovation hubs
- Local enterprise partnerships and chambers of commerce to coordinate long term regional STEM education strategy
- Innovation tax credits to be extended to include technical skills development and specialist capital investment in education
- The development of differentiated technology clusters across the UK
- Better exchange of personnel between industry and academia
- A revolution to teaching and learning approaches
For full article click here.